For those people who could care less about a specific topic being presented but who want to derive some value nonetheless, here are ten tips for being the perfect healthcare conference attendee – when you’d rather be somewhere else.
Ten Ways to Maximize Attendance at a Presentation
1. Sit in front, near the presenter
2. Look alert. Keep your eyes on the presenter
3. Make a great show of taking notes
4. Nod frequently and murmur, "How true!"
5. Tweet out some links to posts related to the topic being presented
6. Laugh at the presenter’s jokes
7. Ask for outside readings or special references
8. If you sleep, set an alarm to be woken a few minutes before the session is over
9. Ask only questions you believe the presenter can answer
10. Call attention to the presenter’s publications
It Works. Try It.If you are a professional, do any of these thoughts bring back memories of your college days?