To get the good conference-related tweets without having to sift through all the advertisements, spam, stale and repeated tweets. Conference attendees can be freed from being glued to a popular hashtag that’s experiencing increase levels of spam and abuse so they can focus on the conference, presentation and vendor booths. Those who aren’t attending the the conference will have an enhanced means to eavesdrop on the proceedings remotely.
How are Tweets Selected?
What This Account Will Do
#digitalhealth – Mobile health, Digital Health and Connected Health
#ehr – Electronic Health Records
#hipaa – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
#hix – Health Insurance Exchanges
#icd10 – ICD-10
#interoperability - Interoperability and integration topics
#mhealth – Mobile Health
#mu – Meaningful Use
#phi – Protected Health Information
#usability - user experience and usability
4. Include links to supplemental content and resources associated with certain tweets.
6. Share select vendor info (whitepapers, surveys, content, offers, etc) that are not clearly a sales pitches. Thickly veiled sales pitches will probably be shared.
7. Spare you the excess of the “over-tweeters.” With few exceptions, you will only see a specific tweet or content item one time - not over and over and over like some people do.
8. Share select info on "booth-bling," tweet-ups, parties and contests.
#HIMSS15BestSpeaker - Identify best presentations/speakers
#HIMSS15DanceOff - See #HIMSSanity
#HIMSS5k - Morning Runs
#HIMSSfood - Places to eat – good and bad – note them!
#HIMSS15Innovate - Innovation-related topics
#HIMSSPickuplines - See #HIMSSanity
#HIMSSTips - Tips and How-to’s to maximize conference value
#HIMSSwag - Booth bling and handouts worth noting
What This Account Won't Do
2. A primary value of this account is that you can just periodically review its timeline and get the scoop as to what’s going on at #HIMSS15. No need to do special searches and/or monitor the #HIMSS15 hashtag - that's my job. :)
3. Retweet every tweet mentioning this account. This isn’t about me. I really didn't even want to have my real name on this blog but it's a Google term of service item. I'm doing to because I want to share good good healthcare IT info related to the health information technology conferences.
4. Repeat the same tweet over and over and over and over and over
5. Post content requiring login or special add-ins unless a warning is given – such as [requires login] or [Requires yada yada add-in]
So click here and follow @HITConfGuy Now